John lives in a small town in Thailand. During the summer, he noticed he hardly keeps his body dry. Being a herb believer, he wanted to cure his hyperhidrosis the natural way but, didn’t know where to buy sage tea,having heard so much about its ability to reduce excessive sweating. Let’s take a look at this herb.
Solution type: Natural solution
Use: Hot flushes, excessive sweating, and many others
Editor rating: 9/10
Where to buy: Amazon
Favorite properties of sage
✓ Anhidrotic effects – reduces sweating/perspiration
✓ Astringent effects – shrinks pores
✓ Anti-inflammatory – reduces inflammation, swelling or tenderness
✓ Antioxidant – neutralizes the body and remove unwanted objects from the blood
✓ Antimicrobial – fights microorganisms, e.g. bacteria and fungi
What is it?
Sage, which is also known as common sage or garden sage, is a shrub originally from the Mediterranean region, but it’s now grown in many parts of the world. Sage tea is used for many medicinal purposes, including hot flashes and excessive sweating.
How does sage reduce excessive sweating?
Sage has anhidrotic properties, i.e. the ability to reduce sweating or perspiration, it also has astringent properties i.e. the ability to reduce pore sizes. As mentioned in the favorite properties above, the sage herb is loaded with a bank of many health benefits. When all combined, sage has the ability to reduce excessive sweating, hot flashes, and bad odors.
How to use
You can use sage to cure your sweating in many forms
1. Eat it by including it in your favorite dish
2. Drink sage tea with honey and lemon
The tea can be made with leaves from the garden or dried sage tea from a shop.
To prepare sage tea, you need
- 1 teaspoon of dried sage
- 1 cup of water
- A lemon wedge (optional)
- Honey (optional)
- Boil water, switch off the heat supply add sage
- Let it sit for 3-5
- Strain, pour into a cup and add lemon and honey if desired
Others recommend taking sage tea, cold to get the most of its effects. Store the tea in the refrigerator after preparing. Take 2-3 cups per day.
3. Apply cooled sage tea to the problem area with a sponge (e.g. underarms), let the area dry and wash it off, repeat until you see results.
4. Take sage tablets
If you are looking for faster results sage tablets are available online from places such as Amazon. The tablets work faster because the main ingredient is has been extracted and is present in the tablet in a high dose.
Sage tea benefits
- Natural, no need to expose your body to harsh substances
- Reduces excessive sweating
- Eases secondary sweating associated with menopause, hot flashes
- Can be used as to relieve stress
Sweating unrelated benefits
- Indigestion reliefs, dries up breast milk, improves memory, reduces cholesterol level, cure cold sores and many other
The herb’s active constituents include thujone, camphor, tannins, resins and caffeic acids
Vitamins C, B-complex, and numerous minerals.
The people it will benefit most
Women suffering from hot flushes, both men, and women that want to treat their excessive sweating or hyperhidrosis in a natural way.
Unlike industrial medicine, natural herbs take a lot of time to work. When taken correctly and consistently, you may see results within days, weeks or even months. Results will also vary depending on your body chemistry, problem severity and complexity as well as the quality of sage you take.
- Sage contain a chemical called thujone that has many side effects when taken in excess
- Sage may cause uterine contractions
- Not Suitable to use during pregnancy
- Some type of sage with thujone may cause fast heartbeats, dizziness and or seizures when used in excess
- May decrease blood sugar level
Sage is one of the best natural remedy known to effectively reduce hot flushes, a secondary sweating type as well as mild excessive sweating. Before you try more abrasive methods such as Botox, laser or surgery, give sage a try, it might work for you as well. You may need to continually take sage to see the effects, thus results may be temporary.
Here are some tips for best results;
- Consult your doctor if you are diabetic and plans using sage
- Avoid high doses
- Do not take sage for more than 4 months consecutively
- Try buying thujone-free sage supplements
Check price on
We highly recommend combining sage with other remedies for best results. See other the natural and alternative solution to excessive sweating in this article.