Recommended by doctors to effectively control sweat for up to 7 days. The Sweat Block Wipes Review will highlight the good and the bad of this product.
Solution type: Temporary solution
Use: Treating Excessive Sweating
Where to use: Armpits
Editor rating: 8.5/10
Where to buy: Amazon
✓ Effective sweat control for up to 7-days per use
✓ Safe and soothing
✓ Doctor recommended
✓ FDA compliant formula
✓ 30-day money-back guarantee
What is it?
SweatBlock is an antiperspirant that was created to provide relief for excessive underarm sweating. It is a clinical antiperspirant soaked on a soft towelette/wipes. SweatBlock works by blocking the sweat in sweat gland. See the Sweating basics sections to understand how sweat glands work.
How to use
SweatBlock has to be applied to a clean and dry armpit, just before bedtime. How frequently you use the towelette/wipes will depend on your individual body chemistry and the severity of your excessive sweating. Use SweatBlock once-a-week, or as needed. It is recommended not to shave your armpit 24 hours prior to the day you plan to apply the antiperspirant as it may cause irritation, rather shave the morning after you have applied it.
Step 1: Press the SweatBlock towelette/wipes to the skin within the underarm area
Do not rub. Rubbing may cause irritation.
Step 2: Allow your underarms to air dry (about 5 minutes)
Step 3: Once applied and dried, simply go to bed
Step 4: Shower as usual in the morning, shave or use a regular deodorant
Features and benefits
- Safe and soothing: less burning and itching than most clinical antiperspirants
- Safely control sweat for up to 7-days per use
- Wear any color or style without worrying about sweat marks
- No more hiding in dark or baggy clothing
- Regain your social confidence
- You can use a deodorant with SweatBlock
SweatBlock is made up of 14% aluminum chloride as the main ingredient. Other ingredients include; water, eugenol, vitamin E oil, rheodol super TW-L120, botanical extracts, polyethylene glycol 8000 and, 0.15% benzoic acid preservative.
The people it will benefit most
SweatBlock will work best for moderate excessive sweating. For Solutions that may work best for severe and extreme, excessive sweating, visit the sweating solutions section.
- Those who suffer from hyperhidrosis or excessive underarm sweating
- Teens who sweat a lot
- Nervous sweaters
- Active professionals
- Those that have menopausal sweating
The antiperspirant is formulated to last 7 days under normal conditions, however, results and
effectiveness depends on individual body chemistry. Surveys of SweatBlock users indicate the effectiveness of between 3 and 10 days, with an average of 6.4 days of dryness.
There is no product that will work 100% for everyone, and below are the possible downsides of SweatBlock.
- Not suitable for people with sensitive skin
- May cause irritation if instructions are not properly followed
- Minor burning and irritation for first-time users
- May block the pheromones released by new mothers if used during nursing
Overall customer reviews from online sources are positive with few exceptions. For example, a customer used the wipes on other parts of the body, other than the recommended armpit. Thus, it’s very important to follow instruction for the best results from this product.
SweatBlock is a good temporary solution for excessive underarm sweating. I like the fact that it’s long lasting and only needs to be applied once a week, and more specifically the ability to stop using the product any time if it irritates you or if it’s not working as expected. Most real buyers of this product are extremely pleased with their purchase and would recommend this wipes to others.
Here are some tips for best results;
- Each towel can be used for 2-3 uses if only used under the arms
- Apply to a clean and dry armpit at night
- SweatBlock will not wash off in the shower or the pool, you can wash and swim as normal
- Allow 24 hours after shaving before applying SweatBlock to avoid irritation
- Use normal deodorant to prevent odor
- If satisfactory results are not achieved after the first usage, apply SweatBlock 2-3 nights consecutively, thereafter, apply SweatBlock as needed
- If irritation does occur apply an anti-itch/anti-irritation cream such as a topical hydrocortisone cream, an aloe cream or benadryl cream to alleviate any irritation and/or itching or simply discontinue the use of SweatBlock until the irritation has subsided
Check price on
For natural and alternative ways of combating sweat, visit the natural and alternative therapies page. Alternatively, see the sweating solutions section to explore other ways of dealing with excessive sweating.
For more details, see the SweatBlock website.