Name: Odaban Antiperspirant Spray
Solution type: Temporary solution
Use: Treating Excessive Sweating
Where to use: Feet, hands, head, face, underarm, back and front torso and groin
Editor rating: 9/10
Where to buy: Amazon
What is it?
Formulated in 1970, Odaban Antiperspirant Spray is one of the best antiperspirant that controls excessive sweating for most body parts. Its non-aqueous, silicone formulation helps prevent skin irritation experienced with other products. The product blocks sweat in the application area, keeping that part dry for up to 24 hours.
Our Sweating Basics page explains more about sweat glands.
How to use Odaban Antiperspirant Spray
Odaban Antiperspirant Spray is applied to a clean and dry skin at night. Product application is required once or twice a week, but the frequency will vary depending on individuals body chemistry, how bad your excessive sweating is and your countries weather condition. It is recommended not to shave 24 hours prior to applying the antiperspirant, as it may cause irritation.
Step 1: Make sure application are is dry
A light dusting of talc powder may be required, especially for women or if you have sensitive skin.
Women and those with sensitive skins should always apply Odaban spray indirectly with a cotton wool pad.
Step 2: Spray to the affected area directly or as recommended for women and those with sensitive skin
One spray is usually sufficient
Step 3: Once applied, leave to air dry, or apply talc powder if you applied too much
Step 4: Go to bed
Step 5: Shower or bathe in the morning (you are required to wash), you may use your normal deodorant but may not be necessary
Features and benefits
- Brings you freedom to concentrate on your duties
- A boost in confidence
- Recommended by dermatologists, pharmacists, podiatrists and doctors worldwide
- A gentle and effective formula with less burning and itching than most strong antiperspirants
- It’s sealed pump spray helps prevent product degradation that is common with roll on’s
- Can be used safely during pregnancy
Odaban Antiperspirant consists of 20% aluminium chloride in a silicone and pure alcohol base. Other ingredients include; 1%, Dimethicone copolyol 193, ethanol ‘B’ and others.
The people it will benefit most;
Odaban works best for moderate excessive sweaters. For treatments that may work best for severe and extreme, excessive sweating, see the sweating solutions section.
Odaban Antiperspirant will work for you if you suffer from excessive underarm sweating, sweaty feet problems, wet palms and facial sweating. The product is also used for preventing feet blisters
One or two applications can last the whole week, but results vary from individual to individual.
In the beginning, you can apply Odaban every night, once you notice the difference, reduce application to once or twice a week or as needed. Most people found relief with one (1) to three (3) applications per week.
Side effects and cons
The product is subject to strict quality and production controls that guarantee user satisfaction. Below are the possible side effects of Odaban Antiperspirant Spray;
- May cause irritation
- Can stain clothes if not dried properly
- Could make skin dryer
With an average score of 9 out of 10, at the time this post was published, customer feedback show that Odaban Antiperspirant Spray worked effectively for more than 80% people who used it.
Odaban antiperspirant spray 30ml works effectively when you follow instructions properly. Its outstanding feature is the spray applicator, with other products like certain dri, you apply the ball directly to the skin. This makes the ball dirty and can introduce bacteria and other unwanted things that will react with the product liquid, affecting its formula and reducing its quality.
For instance, medicine induced sweating is categorized as a secondary sweating and is relatively difficult to treat. The best way to treat secondary hyperhidrosis is to treat the medical condition or symptoms causing it. See the Sweat basics page for more insight.
Here are some Tips for best results;
- You need to wash off the product in the morning
- Use a little talc powder/hair dryer before and after applying Odaban to dry the skin or to absorb any over-application of the product
- Applying Odaban during the day may cause skin irritation and stain your clothes
- Shaving before or soon after application of Odaban is not recommended
- If satisfactory results are not achieved after the first-week usage, apply Odaban every night for one month and take note of any improvement
- Should Odaban stop being effective for you, stop using it for a week to rest the skin and continue using as usual after the rest
Check price on
Looking for an alternative to Odaban Antiperspirant, see the sweating solutions section to explore other ways of dealing with excessive sweating.
For more details, see the Odaban website here: http://www.odaban.com/